Foyle Food Group – CMMS and Facilities Management Software for Food Manufacturer
Background to Foyle Food Group and their requirements
One of UK and Ireland’s largest food manufacturers and food producers, supplying meat to UK and Ireland.
6 manufacturing sites each with 100+ maintenance driven assets.
Previously Foyle had been using a mixture of paper and spreadsheet-based processes and ad-hoc self-built software across its sites.
Foyle wanted a centralised system from which they could:
- Record all sites, assets and related documents
- Manage planned maintenance schedules across the assets
- Create and track work orders generated by the business
- Drive compliance and fulfill audit obligations
- Track and change status of the assets
- Management able to view overall status of maintenance on dashboards and reports
- Perform inspections and checks on assets on regular basis
- View maintenance history of each asset over its life-cycle.
The Trackplan Solution
2-month trial in one plant – passed annual external audit during this trial period aided by Trackplan.
3 days training and configuration with the maintenance managers from each of the six plants.
600+ assets uploaded from spreadsheet via Trackplan or entered via interface. Each asset assigned to a site and location / sub-location within site.
Assets categorised by relevant asset classes – about 50 asset classes used.
100+ planned maintenance schedules set up with varying frequencies across all assets
Electronic forms designed within Trackplan interface for regular inspections and checks of some of the assets. These forms attached to relevant planned maintenance schedules.
30+ Users loaded into software with various permissions and access rights (e.g. one site only, full access)
Planned maintenance schedules and forms housed into categories for easier management.
Stock and Inventory uploaded to manage stock levels and track maintenance driven asset parts.
Foyle has been a great client to work with and to add to our growing list of manufacturing clients using our CMMS and CAFM Software.